"Faith's Triple Chocolate Cake"

Hi Peeps, welcome to June!!! cant believe that we are already here, somehow time seems to go fast when you grow up and even faster once you have kids :o honestly where does time go? sometimes I feel like it was yesterday that I did something and looking back at my planner it was 2 months ago! lol this specially happens with friendships, now that I am a mama and life is fun yet chaotic I have to seriously put some effort into my friendships. In my head we hung out last week when in reality it was waaaaaaay longer lol so I need to stay on top of that, I think I will make that one of my priorities for this month- Friendships- along with simplifying and organizing.

If you follow me in Instagram you know about my cake baking weekend but if not... you should totally follow me! @americanflavorlatinspice... and if you bake/cook something with my ideas/recipes tag it #americanflavorlatinspice I love to see what people cook inspired by us.
Sorry about the sidetrack (sometimes I'm like the doggie in UP- squirrel!) this weekend was insane I have never EVER baked so many chocolate stuff in 2 days, seriously! and the worst part is that I cant eat chocolate for medical reasons >.<  at first it was hard but by the end of Sunday I was over saturated by the smell!!! has that ever happened to you? once you cook and you've smelled it your full and don't want to eat it?

The cakes came out good BUT as always I learned very very valuable lessons...

1- buy the GOOD chocolate chips- I bought the cheaper ones (young family and were donating all this cakes 'com on we need to cut corners sometimes ... bad idea... honestly it wasn't that bad the only thing is they re hardened after and it came out like a chocolate cake with chocolate chips in it... not bad but well not the amazing chocolatey goodness were used to


2- this cake does MUCH better with a round bunt cake pan like my mother in laws:




mine is the swirl one... this pan makes the cakes look beautiful when you sprinkle powder sugar on top (my effortless cake decorating cheat lol)

im not a big fan of how it looks with the chocolate cake ... I think it looks much better with pound cake

and how it looked with my orange Ponke




it makes a cool design but it crunchified the tops... since its narrow it cooks much faster, so I guess since this is one of my most popular cakes (as this weekend showed) I'll be probably buying one like this

3- it makes heavenly muffins!- yep my pan is smaller so there was some mix left so I mini muffined it (yes, I love to make up words) and they were SOOO good (counting still the chocolate chip mayhem- which wasnt so bad but for a perfectionist like me it was catastrophic lol just kidding only a step below that) so I recommend you try it



Now, I cant torture you with all this chocolatey info and not give you the recipe so here it is... I got it from my mother in law that's why I am naming it "Faith's Triple Chocolate Cake" (no idea where she got it from)

"Faith Triple Chocolate Cake"

*1 box chocolate cake mix
*1 small box chocolate pudding
*1 bag chocolate chips (the good kind)- if u use semisweet the cake will be a bitter more like a dark chocolate cake
*1 3/4 C milk
*2 eggs

mix it all for 2 mins by hand




 and bake 350F for 50-55 mins




this is ridiculously easy and good!!! next time I am thinking of trying it with nuts in it

hope you and your family/friends/guests
ENJOY this delicious chocolate goodness and remember to tag me as faiths triple chocolate cake #americanflavorlatinspice!!!
and of course write a comment below if you tried it and liked it ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment